Saturday, July 7, 2007

07-07-07

Today is my Dean, Prof J Birthday. I totally remember this date, because last three years, we made a birthday surprise party to him. I memorized that my friend, Nurlida struggled to manage this party. At this morning, when I opened my e-mail, prof J posted an e-mail to all his staffs who on study leave. This is the e-mail:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Assalamualaikum Semua,

Today is my birthday, 07 - 07 - 07. What a date. I can't ask for more!!! Anyone of having similar birthday (e.g. 01-01-01, 08-08-08, etc.) ???

This is the 2nd time I am birthday with four 7's. The last time was on 7 - 7 - 77. I was flying from Heathrow to Chicago (my 1st trip to USA for my 1-year sabbatical at Iowa State Univ), the Captain made an announcement " Today is a very auspices day for 1 passenger from Malaysia, Jalani Sukaimi who is celebrating his birthday with quadraple 7". So, the whole 747 was singing birthday to me waith a birthday cake, compliments of Pan Am (now bankrupt!!).

So, my age, according to Chinese writing, is 26 !!!. Bodily, spiritually, mentally and the heart too, are still young!!! So, may be still 3 more years with USIM. Sorry, you have to tolerate to the push, tantrum, rough jokes, snide remark by this 'young man' for another 3 years before I fully retire.

On Thursday, students gave me a surprise with birthday cake and some makan. Yesterday, our office also gave me a surprise, with birthday cake and some makan.

Today, I am not on the plane !!! So, I am inviting my brothers and sisters plus brothers & sisters in-law with their respective childern and grandchildern to have a lunch at my house. I can't afford to belanja them at hotel!!!.

So, I went to pasar tani at 6.00am this morning, my usual Sat morning chore, to buy all the essentials for the big lunch.

After pasar tani, I planted another pokok durian (D24) at the back of my house. In the old days when people as 'young' as me planting a durian tree, they would ask "Sempat ke ni". So, the answer would be the same for me ---- "Durian ni untuk anak dan cucu !!!"

At the same time, I am busy preparing my lecture notes for the newly introduced as Wajib Universiti
called "Introduction to Business Management" which will start on Monday 9 July at 10.00 am - 12.00 noon.. I am teaching it as S&T students (3rd year) are the only one taking this semester. The rest of the university students will take next semester, i.e. Semester II, Season 2007/2008..

The topic seems to be very common. Business Management is always on the lips of everybody, BUT it is very difficult to get a good text book with the title Business Management. Max Chan (our book supplier) tried to help. So finally, I e-purchase a book through amazon.com costing me USD 96.80. The 1st time I am purchasing through amazon !!!

OK, I am to write off here. All the very best to you all. I will update you on our FST next week. Have a nice day !!

Wassalam,

Ikhlas,

Prof J
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My birthday was on 11/11/79... so on 11/11/2011 will be the special day to celebrate my birthday. On that date, I will become 32 years. At that time, Insha-Allah I will be a lecturer.

Today, also the birthday of my friend Mohd Fakhri Mansor... my friend in PMKP (1997/98)
My Tamhidi student Abdul Hafidz ... Tamhidi Perubatan (2004)

No comments: