Thursday, May 17, 2007

Relax for a moment with Sudanese Students

Today, before I am going back home, the rain start to fall. Salma, one of the Sudanese student in my lab decide go back together with me. Normally, after I dropping her in college, I straight away go back to my home. But, today after about three times she console me to visit her house, I suddenly agree to visit. Her house mate Rejah is very kind person. They entertain me with Sudanese food, which is bread with some legum gravy. The taste is nice. It is like we eat 'roti canai' with 'kuah dal'. Then, they serve to me tea that boiled with fresh milk. That tea remind me some memory when I was in UK last time. Malaysian tea, they add boiled water into the tea, after that add with sweetener milk.

The rain become heavily. I pray asar there and we have some conversation until the rain stop. But, I feel very nice to talk with them. I do not know why, but I think we have some similarities in term of culture. But, when I make a conversation with Iranian student, I feel do not have any chemistry amongst us. One more thing, the Sudanese person speak Arabic as their mother tongue. So, I can speak Arabic with them in several simple word such as "Kam Saah", " Sobahul Khair", "Maas Salam" and "Syukran". They very proud with me. They tell me that I know Arabic well. Yeah...last time my Arabic is better than English, but I am not practicing it for several time. I am very comfortable to make a relationship with them.

No comments: